Friday, December 3, 2010

Buy Art Give Art


Today was "First Fridays" in down town Charlottesville, Virginia. The night was cool with cloudy skies, but the folks of Charlottesville were out looking. But not only was it First Night, it was the kick off of Buy Art Give Art. (Video) I was at Skylight Studios tonight and met with lots of friendly local shoppers. I wonder how many shoppers tonight actually bought a piece of art.

What I found to be the greatest thing about Charlottesville is the people of this small college community. It is nothing like the other towns I have lived in. The Charlottesville community is what I consider "Alive". There is always something going on. 

Having said that, I did my part today as a community member. I did "Buy Art Give Art" tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment